"Southern Wine Company" began its history in 2003, but the land on which the vineyards of this production are located has been cultivated since antiquity.
The predecessor of the Taman cultivars of grapes was forest grapes (Vitis sylvestris) or wine grapes (Vitis vinifera). It appeared in the postglacial period on the northern border of the Black Sea region. It turns out that the lands of Taman by nature are intended for viticulture.
Many facts indicate that the inhabitants of the Taman Peninsula were familiar with winemaking in the middle of the first millennium BC.
At that time, Taman was inhabited by a people who were called Sinds. Completely imitating the Greek way of life, the Sinds cultivated grapes, prepared wine and had their own policies, one of them was located on the westernmost tip of the Taman Peninsula, the policy was Germanassa.
By the will of fate, at the end of the 18th century, the lands of the Taman Peninsula became the territory of the Russian Empire. The wise Empress Catherine the Great gives these lands to the Cossacks of the right-bank Kuban for eternal use and, of course, their protection.
By the beginning of 1794, Cossacks from the Ukrainian city of Steblev arrived in Taman. The Steblevsky Cossacks were numerous and made up two kurens - settlements: Verkhne- and Nizhnesteblievsky.
The land on Taman among the Cossack kurens was distributed by lot: on January 1, 1794, the chieftain of the village of Vyshesteblievsky kuren Stromtsov drew lots for his kuren near the estuary Tsokur, which means "red stone".
By the end of the 19th century, vineyards in the Kuban already occupied 2,500 acres of land, which could produce 526,000 pounds of grapes, which was about 253,000 buckets of wine annually.
Cultivation of grapes in Vyshestiblievsky continued during the years of collectivization, the beginning of the twentieth century and in the difficult post-war period for the country. During the Great Patriotic War, there were almost no adult men left in the village, everyone was mobilized. Women and children manually carried out sowing, caring for fields and gardens, watering and harvesting. Thanks to their tireless work, the collective farm "For Cotton", which was formed on the territory of Vyshestiblievsky, in 1945 handed over 174.5 tons of grapes to the state and took first place in the region in this indicator.
In 1946, all pre-war collective farms were united into one and given the name "Victory", in honor of the victory in the Great Patriotic War. In 1960, the collective farm was transformed into a viticultural state farm, retaining the name received in 1946. In 1972, a new winery was put into operation, where they produced such wines as "Kuban Strong" and "Pearl of Russia" from the grown grapes Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Traminer, Riesling, Rkatsiteli, Claret on the banks of the estuaries Tsokur, Akhtanizovsky and Kiziltashsky
A completely new milestone in history begins when, in 1999, the Ochakovo company acquired the Pobeda state farm, including 2,000 hectares of land suitable for growing grapes.
Since 2000, work began on the re-laying of vineyards, and by 2003 a new winery was built by the Southern Wine Company (YuVK). Today, the YUVK is a winery that creates high quality wines from selected grapes grown at the Pobeda state farm.